Chapel of Santa Ines
In the small village of Valle de Santa Inés, in the centre of the Betancuria region
The Chapel of Santa Ines (Ermita de Santa Inés) is in the small village of Valle de Santa Inés, in the centre of the Betancuria region. It has existed since the late 16th century (1586), although it was extended in the 18th century to take the structure it has today.
On an architectural level, the church has a single nave with a quadrangular layout and a square lateral sacristy. It is built on a small square coated in black stone, which enhances the image of the immaculate white stone chapel. Inside we come across two altars, the Souls and Our Lady of Sorrows (Virgen de Los Dolores).
Every 21st January, there is a celebration around the Chapel, the Festival of Santa Ines, which is believed to be the first festival ever held on the island.